Sat, May 25|
Victoria Conference Centre
CE: HANDS-ON - Endodontics Can Be Enjoyable and Efficient - A Clinical Approach with Scientific Evidence
HANDS-ON PORTION - Limited spaces! Dr. Rogrigo Cunha | Victoria Conference Centre | 3.0 CE hours
Time & Location
May 25, 2024, 12:45 p.m. – 3:45 p.m.
Victoria Conference Centre, 720 Douglas St, Victoria, BC V8W 3M7, Canada
About the Event
Thank you to Dentsply Sirona for providing this speaker and workshop!
This registration is for the HANDS-ON portion of the program day. Dr. Natanya Padachey will assist Dr. Cunha with the hands-on workshop.
Limited to 24 attendees.
Lunch will be served after the lecture for those who are attending the hands-on workshop.
During the hands-on portion of the course, attendees will perform the shaping and filling protocols discussed during the didactic component. At this time, Dr. Cunha will be “over the shoulder” to provide feedback and discuss any question and/or concerns that may arise.
Endodontics can often be difficult and frustrating. Incorporating modern technology into your daily practice will provide you with the tools and confidence required to perform an efficient and effective endodontic treatment.
This evidence-based course will focus on essential technologies that are critical for the successful treatment of the day-to-day endodontic scenarios.
Topics to be covered include:
- The dental operating microscope (DOM), which combines both magnification and illumination leading to enhanced visibility and an increased probability of locating extra canals without removing excessive tooth structure.
- Ultrasonic units and ultrasonic tips, which enable the clinician to remove tooth structure in a more conservative manner and access difficult-to-reach areas.
- Electric motors driving rotary and/or reciprocating files, which are indispensable for faster and safer negotiation of the canals.
- The role of irrigants and irrigation has changed within the past few years as it has evolved from an adjunct solution to an important tool for disinfection.
- Different devices and techniques will be discussed for filling the root canal system “blocking” the portal of entrance to bacteria which is paramount to maintain the asepsis achieved during disinfection.
- The benefit of incorporating three-dimensional imaging into your practice for enhanced visualization of difficult anatomy and dealing with challenging diagnoses will also be discussed.
Dr. Rodrigo Sanches Cunha completed his Undergraduate Dental Degree in 1994, which he obtained from the Catholic University of Campinas in Sao Paulo - Brazil. His post-graduate studies include a Specialty degree in Endodontics obtained in 1997 from the State University of Campinas (UNICAMP); in 2002, a M.Sc. degree in Clinical Dentistry (Endodontics), and in 2006, a Ph.D. degree in Dental Sciences both of which he received from Sao Leopoldo Mandic Centre for Dental Research. Dr. Cunha was an Associate Professor at the Catholic University of Campinas from 2001 until 2011. On September 9, 2011, Dr. Cunha moved to Winnipeg to work as a Full-time Professor at the College of Dentistry, Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of Manitoba. Dr. Cunha became Fellow of the Royal College of Dentists of Canada (Endodontics) in 2013 and, in 2016, decided to work in Private Practice full-time. Dr. Cunha is the Co-founder of Prairie Endodontics in 2018. Dr. Cunha has been a guest speaker at more than 200 events worldwide. He has published more than 100 papers and abstracts in several peer reviewed journals. In addition, Dr. Cunha has published six book chapters and has extensive clinical experience obtained working in Private Practice limited to Endodontics since 1995. Dr. Rodrigo Cunha is the President of the Canadian Academy of Endodontics (CAE).
- Sale ends: May 18, 2024, 3:45 p.m.
for members and non-members; select your option belowFrom $100.00 to $250.00